Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Day Fun

On the menu this Thanksgiving, or at least my contribution, is the following:

Key Lime Meringue Pie
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie
Chocolate Lovers Mocha Pie
Peanut Brittle (the one I made a few days ago)

I've made Key Lime pie before, but this time I decided to add a meringue topping. I've never made meringue before so this was an aggressive move on Turkey Day.

From the looks of it, I think it came out okay although it doesn't looked solidified as I think pie should be. I guess we will see tomorrow.
















Yes, tomorrow. For as long as I can remember, my mom and step dad have been celebrating Thanksgiving on Wednesday night instead of Thursday so that I can eat lunch with my dad.

Anydangways, the chocolate lovers mocha pie was next on the menu and it was a task. I made this last Thanksgiving and it was a hit. It is super easy to make too. But, tonight seemed to be bad-luck day for Monika & baking. I couldn't even get the cream to whip. I was so upset.
















I had to take a baking break and hit up Target for some more supplies. I think the problem with the cream was I used powdered sugar instead of sugar and this new Whip-it stuff.

The next batch of whipped cream turned out okay, but it definitely wasn't my best effort. How disappointing. I put the cream in the pie and it's setting in the fridge as we, uh, speak (?).

The pecan pie is in the oven baking. I think this one is a winner. The recipe made a little too much filling, but it was corrected early on.




Tomorrow is judgement day. Recipes that are well recieved will be posted. The ones that are ho-hum will be tossed in the garbage ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home