Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cream Cheese Chicken Roll

A favorite of Adam and a quick and easy recipe for anyone. This is a good recipe if you are making a side dish that takes a little more prep & cook time, because you don't have much to do once the chicken hits the pan.

I paired this dish with a Italian Mac & Cheese Bake (email me if you want that recipe).

3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
6 ounces garlic & herb cream cheese spread
12 slices bacon

Pound the chicken until thin. Spread each chicken breast with cram cheese and roll up, jelly-roll style. Wrap 4 bacon slices around each roll and secure with toothpicks*.

In a pre heated medium-high skillet, cook turning occasionally, about 35 minutes.

*You have to be very careful with this recipe because the first time I did a "jelly-roll" style recipe the toothpicks kept me from cooking the chicken completely. Cooking string/twine would probably work better, but I didn't have any at the house.


This was an another inspiration of a RRR. (Rachael Ray Recipe)

Man! do I love Rachael Ray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home