Monday, November 28, 2005

C&C Cookie

My two favorite food groups are coffee & chocolate. And as my favorite food groups, I try to incorporate these into my diet each day. So you can imagine my excitement when I found a cookie recipe made with dark chocolate and espresso powder.

Thankfully I had all the supplies at the house, so before I hit up the gym (I'm doing chest & tri's tonight) I had to make this recipe! Call it an obsession...

1/2 c. butter (I used unsalted)
1 c. light brown sugar
3 tbls granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder
1 bag chocolate chips - 60% Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.

Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.



Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

The mixture is pretty dry compared to other cookie dough so I was surprised when I tried the dough. I've got to say that this is some of the best cookie dough I have eaten.

SIDE BAR :: I highly recommend those who do not have an oven thermometer to buy one. I got mine from Williams Sonoma for around $10. I set the oven to 280 and the thermometer read 325. In order to reach exactly 300 degrees I set it to 255. (Just a helpful hint for people who can never get the recipes to come out right). This has been the BEST addition to my kitchen hands down. Even though I love my mixer as if it was my own child, it still doesn't save as many dishes as the thermometer has.


The overall cookie is FANTASTIC! I know I may be biased because I am such a coffee lover, but, wow! With this recipe & my other no-other-chocolate-chip-cookie-is-better-than-this recipe I don't see a need to keep my other recipes in my organizer. The true test of this will be how they hold up tomorrow.

And, in case you are wondering, Sushi is my third favorite food group.

1 Comments:

Blogger robby said...

hmmmm...so are you going to reveal your "no-other-chocolate-chip-cookie-is-better-than-this recipe"?

5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home