Friday, March 24, 2006

Zucchini Spice Cake

If I had to choose one recipe that started my love for baking, this would be it.

My mother gave the this recipe a few years back. I had never made a cake from anything other than a box and I will admit that the zucchini intimidated me a little. To my surprise (as well as every other person who tastes it), the cake became a favorite.

3 c. grated zucchini squash
3 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Frosting:
3 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1/4 c. soft butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together sugar, eggs, oil & squash. Combine remaining ingredients add to mixture. Grease & flour bundt pan. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Cool Completely before removing from pan.

For frosting, cream & whip all ingredients in a bowl for about 4 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home