Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Jan's Rum Cake

When Jan first told me about this cake, I must admit, I didn't believe all the hype. She told me that she brought this cake to a pot-luck and within minutes the entire rum cake was gone (even though there were plenty of desserts left on the tables)! So of course, I had to try this cake and send it to Adam's co-workers for their case of the Mondays.

While it was baking it filled the entire house up with this rich buttery rum flavor. After it came out of the oven I had to have a piece (okay, I had two) because the flavor was to intriguing. The cake was warm, gooey, rich, buttery, crunchy, & moist. It melts in your mouth - I must admit that this cake is spectacular! Adam took the cake to work and received multiple emails from his co-workers that were upset that they missed "the best cake ever".

If you want to be a hit at the next party, make this cake. Seriously.

For Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup rum
4 eggs
1 box vanilla pudding

For Icing:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup rum
1 stick butter
Pecans

Mix cake ingredients bake for 55 minutes at 325 degrees in a floured pan sprinkled with pecans. Boil sugar and water for 3 minutes. Add rum and butter. When you take out of the oven, pour over cake while hot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooo delicious. amazing smell!!

11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was great! and I can think of a ton of good variations - coconut rum and pineapple!

11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home