Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Indian Curry

Last weekend we went to the Clay Pit with a friend. And although it was delish, it was WAY to expensive for my blood. So what was the next best thing? Make it at home! In my opinion this is a mild curry flavor. If you want to make it spicier, increase the amount of chili and curry.

2 tsp mustard seeds, crushed
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
3 tsp curry powder
1 can diced tomatoe, drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground red chili pepper
2 tsp salt
1 pound cubed chicken
1 can light coconut milk

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard & cumin seeds. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Combine the tomatoes and oil with the seeds. Cook about 1 minutes, stirring constantly.

Stir in remaning spices and add chicken. Cook for about 8 minutes. Stir in coconut milk. Simmer over low heat for around 10 minutes.

Serve hot, spooned over warm basmati rice. (We actually used a mexican pasta instead and it was just as good - just not authentic).

This recipe is low-cal & high in protien - about 219 calories & 29 grams of protien per 3/4 cup!

Adam's thoughts: "I like me some curry. Lots of flavor, but not overly rich. It's kinda hard to describe curry chicken. You either like it or you dont. It tastes like curry...which is yummy!"

Monika's thoughts: "Uh, yeah..this is a MUCH better option than the clay pit! I also like it because I can control the spiciness. I'm no Indian food expert, but this sure fooled my taste buds. I am going to take this to lunch tomorrow!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home