Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fruit Pebble Cupcakes

I can vividly remember the day I made rice krispie treats for the first time. I was in 7th grade home education class and burned the butter on the stove. I was so embarrassed that MY krispies were the ONLY ones in the entire class that were a major flop.

If my teacher could see me now...

I have a feeling these sugar snacks would get an A+! If the frutiy pebbles don't give you enough energy, the frosting certainly will! These are perfect for those nights when you forgot you were supposed to bring in dessert for your children's class for your husband's co-workers - they took less than 10 minutes to make!

PS - I think Adam actually drooled when he saw these! :) Many thanks to my awesome cousin, Erica, for the recipe!

1/2 stick butter
1 pkg. mini-marshmallows
1 pkg. Fruity Pebbles
1 can vanilla frosting

Microwave butter in a 4 qt. container for 45 seconds. Add marshmallows and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir. Add cereal. Mix. Press into greased muffin pans to form cupcakes (I used a 9x13 pan and pressed down with wax paper). Cool. Remove from pans and spread with frosting.

Adam's Comment : "It's so sweet, I can see through time." said as he finishes his SECOND helping in less than 4 minutes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG....these look like they could keep you on a sugar high all night!!

6:39 AM

 
Blogger Badger said...

*SUGAR* Yes, they *SUGAR* are pretty sweet. *SUGAR!*

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home