Monday, October 02, 2006

Curried Chicken Salad with Taro Chips

If your household is anything like mine, it is very rare that the entire family is ready to eat at the exact same time - especially on the weekends. So what is a foodie supposed to do?? My perfect go-to meal on weekends like these has always been chicken salad. You can dress it up with a nice side veggie and serve on some sourdough bread or eat a few bites right out of the bowl.

The below recipe is really just an approximation. I don't typically measure my ingredients and just go by the taste alone, but so many people have asked for this recipe that it's about time I write it down.

1/3 c. mayo
2 tsp curry (I think I used 3 this last batch)
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp cumin
pinch cayenne
1 c. diced cooked chicken
3 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp minced celery
1 tbsp minced shallot
salt & pepper
1 bag Taro chips

In a small bowl mix may, curry, mustard, lemon juice, cumin and cayenne. In a medium bowl combine chicken, raisins, celery, shallot and curry dressing. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I know this isn't the best picture, but I wanted you all to see what Taro chips were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home