Thursday, September 14, 2006

Last Minute Enchiladas

Some how, despite my meticulous menu planning, I left off a meal for tonight. I came home from work and realized it about 8pm when my lovely husband told me that he was hungry. I was a little taken aback because I thought there should be plenty of food in the fridge. To my dismay, there was nothing in the fridge that Adam would eat (because we all know he's not going to eat my organic homemade yogurt!).

So, I fumbled around my fridge and pantry for a moment and found what I initially considered to be "something to tie you over while you are doing homework so stop asking me for food" meal. As I made this meal, I realized that the smell of this canned soup reminded me of my childhood when my family would get together for some classic mexican meals. The dish ended up to be super quick and super easy AND it was all made in one pot! For a last minute and virtually effortless meal, this was a perfect choice.

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken (I used chicken tenders because that is what I had in the freezer)
1 can Campbells Condensed Creamy Chicken Verde Soup
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. garlic powder
6 corn tortillas, cut into strips (it was all I had left in the house, you could easily use flour)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Cube chicken. In a pan at medium high heat, saute until cooked through. Set heat to lowest setting and mix in water, soup, and tortillas. Pour chicken mixture in 2-qt. shallow baking dish.

Top with cheese and bake 350 degrees for 25 min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home