Sunday, November 05, 2006

BBQ Meatloaf

For those of you who don't know I am an avid runner and this weekend I ran my third half-marathon. One of the great things about running is the weekend before races you are supposed to do nothing but sit around and rest your legs. It's a great excuse to get caught up on TV. And what better show to catch up on then Paula Deen's Home Cooking. If anyone knows how to make homestyle, mouth watering meals it is Paula.

The moment I saw this meatloaf episode I immediately added it to my weekly menu.

One word : YUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM!

(P.S. - For those that care, I had a personal best at this half marathon with a time of 2:13:19. I plan to do my first full marathon in April.)

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian Style)
1 onion, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce (I used an Italian one from Heinz)
6 tablespoons vinegar
6 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and the tomato sauce. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan. Stir together the vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and water (if too thick). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.

Adam's Comment: "Best Meat Loaf Ever." More moist and more flavorful than any meat loaf I've ever tasted. It's very yummy. The gravy is awesome."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home