Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cheese Cookies

Every year as the holidays approach, my friends host these fantastic cookie exchange parties. Each person brings a few dozen of their favorite cookie and the recipe to share and by doing so, you get to take home everyone's different cookies and the recipes. It's a great way to get everyone in the holiday baking spirit!

Tonight 22 of my closest cookie-lover friends got together for some cookies, wine, and good times. I choose cheese cookies for two reason.

1. I love cheese. (I mean come on, who doesn't??)
2. I wanted a cookie that would stand out among all the sugar treats.

These savory cookies are perfect to pair with a glass of wine! My family especially loves these around the holidays because they make incredibly tasty make ahead appetizer for those unexpected holiday visitors.

2 sticks butter, softened
8 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoons cayenne (use ½ tsp if you want less heat)
2 cups flour
2 cups rice krispies

Cream butter and cheese until well blended. Add flour and mix well. Add other ingredients.

Roll into little balls and flatten to disc shapes. Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Store in an airtight container 1 week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home