Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Chicken Catalina

I took a picture of this, but some how I ended up formatting my camera and lost the pics :(

I apologize in advance.

We usually prepare the night before and refridgerate overnight. Then it's an quick and easy dinner when you get home.

8 oz bottle catalina salad dressing
1 envelop dry onion soup mix
8 oz apricot preserves
2 pounds chicken (cut into chunks)
2 cups rice
3-3 1/2 cups water

Mix dressing, onion soup, preserves, water and chicken in a large bowl. Pour rice into greased 9x13 baking dish and top with chicken mixture. Bake covered for about 1 hour. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.

NOTE: I was a little shy on the water and it was a huge mistake. *I* like my rice fluffy and wish I had put in closer to 4 cups of water, but I know that some people like their rice a little more sturdy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Rice usually 2 to 1? I saw that on Alton Brown. So you would've been right going with the 4 cups.

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home