Sunday, December 18, 2005

Chipotle Enchilada Casserole

I *really* wanted to make Tortilla Soup today, but at last nights grocery trip to Central Market I realized I forgot my recipe. So, I ended up with an enchilada casserole because Adam suggested it.

I derived this recipe from the back of the Dorthy's enchilada can for two reasons.

1. I hate taking the time to actually make enchiladas and the casserole is so much easier.
2. I love my Le Creuset dish my mom got me last Christmas and try to make everything in it.


1 lb hamburger meat
2 tbls garlic powder
1 tbls chipotle chile powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbls cumin
1/2 c. onions
how ever amount of cheese you want (I used one 12 ounce package)
1 can of Grandma Dorthey's enchilada sauce (yeah, i know from a can..I HAD to try it cause it looked good).


Brown the meat with the onions and all the seasonings.


Then pour the sauce in the sauce pan with the meat and let simmer for about 15 minutes. In a small greased casserole dish, put one layer of corn tortilla. Then put some sauce over the top. Finish the layer with cheese (I used sharp and asiago). Repeat.

The "top" of the casserole will be a layer of corn tortilla and cheese. Put under the broiler (set at high) for about 4 minutes, or until the cheese is browned.

Let set 5 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream if you wish.

I tried to get a picture of the finished product, but Adam was too quick and made a dent in the food before. So, this is the "final product" before it went into the broiler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home