Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Knottie Mexican Get Together

No, I didn't mean naughty ;)...

I got together with some fellow bride-to-bes and a few married ones at Joe T. Garcia's last night. We munched on cheese enchiladas, beef & chicken fajitas, margaritas, & some of Monika's Mexican Wedding Cookies.



This is one of the first recipes that I ever made with my KA Mixer and it's one of my no-fail favorites. The dough is easy to make and always tastes great. My God-mother would make these during the Christmas holiday and I always thought they were wonderful.

1 c. pecan pieces
1 c. butter, softened
2 c. powdered sugar (divided)
2 c. flour (divided)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt

Beat butter and 1/2 c. powdered sugar in a bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 c. flour, vanilla, & salt. Beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in the remaining 1 c. flour and pecans with a wooden spoon. Shape the dough into a ball; wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour (or until firm). I only had to do this for about 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350. Put the remaining powdered sugar into a shallow bowl or 13x9 baking dish. Shape tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake these for about 13-15 minutes. They should appear a pale golden brown. Let the cookies stand on the cookies sheet for about 2 minutes.

Transfer hot cookies to powdered sugar. Roll cookies in powdered sugar, coating well. Let the cookies cool in the sugar.

I normally serve these cookies in small baking cups so that people don't get powdered all over their clothes, but you can do it how ever you please!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home