Thursday, January 05, 2006

Blackberry Cheese Pie

For Christmas I received baking tools to please any baking obsessed person. And since opening thme, I had been fantasizing about using my new found baking gadgets.

Patiently I waited...and waited...then waited for things to get back in the swing of things... then today I was swinging!

A co-worker gave me some recipes to add to my wedding cookbook and I was in heaven when I saw a recipe for homemade pie crust! I've never made pie crust from scratch and this looked awesome. The moment I got home I started pulling out my ingredients.

Pie Crust:
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. shortenting
6 tbls. water

Combine flour & shortening. Add water mixed with salt. Depending on amount of humidity, will need to add/dust rolling pin and mat with flour to prevent sticking.



Filling:
1 can of Blackberry filling
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tbls lemon juice (1 used lime because that was all I had)

Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar. Beat for about 3 minutes on medium high. Add the egg & lemon juice and beat until creamy.

Spread the mixture on the pie crust and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove and spread the blackberry filling on top. Continue to bake at 400 degrees for another 25 minutes.


I was so excited when I was making this that I messed up a lot of steps in the recipe. Surprisingly the recipe came out okay. It was the first pie I have ever made (okay, first pie crust) and I am pretty proud. I even went as far to use my new star cookie cutters and make a decorative topping.

Overall, a good dish.
Crust = 8.5/10
Filling = 6/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home